LIVING IN HOUSTON
Houston is the fourth most populous city in the United States and the epicenter of the global energy industry.
As a major metropolitan area, Houston offers:
- Houston has a Theater District second only to New York City with its concentration of seats in one geographic area.
- Houston offers a unique museum district offering a range of museums, galleries, art and cultural institutions, including the Children's Museum of Houston, Houston Museum of Natural Science, etc.
- Major league sports – Houston Rockets, Houston Astros, Houston Texans, and Houston Dynamo
- Johnson Space Center NASA – "Houston" was the first word spoken from the moon.
- Houston is home to the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world, with a local economic impact of $10 billion.
- Galveston, TX Beaches is 40 miles south of Houston offers beaches, Schlitterbahn, and shopping on the strand.
- Concerts venues
- World renowned shopping centers.
- Wide range of housing options from eclectic city living to thriving planned communities in the city’s suburbs.
- Compared to the 20 most populous US Metros, Houston housing costs are 36.6% below the average.
- Strong job growth with a broad-based, growing economy.
- Golf – you can play virtually any day of the year at nearly a hundred public and private championship-quality courses in the area.
- Want to take a nice drive? Just 20 miles east of downtown you can visit the San Jacinto battleground, where Texas won its independence from Mexico.
- Dining out – Houston has over 11,000 restaurants ranging from Texas sized steaks to Cajun cuisine.
- Houston has over 650 urban green spaces with all sorts of amenities including walking trails, playgrounds.
- The average annual temperature is 72 degrees with highs in August averaging 86 degrees and winter's coldest month of January averaging 58 degrees
- Excellent school districts
- Houston boasts more than 40 colleges, university and institutions - offering higher education options to suit all interests.
- Whether you are single or have a family, Houston offers plenty to see and do. You’ll never be at a loss for something to do. Houston is an easy place to call home.