Environmental, Health & Safety Policy
TAS Energy is committed to corporate citizenship, social responsibility and world class environmental, health and safety performance.
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the environment in which we live and work. We will proactively work to eliminate occupational injury and illness risks, negative environmental impacts and actively promote employee health and well-being. Injuries and work related illnesses are preventable. Management is responsible to communicate and ensure the policies are understood and that our employees, contractors and visitors are trained as necessary and accountable for compliance. Each employee has an individual responsibility to understand and support our environmental, health and safety policies and to actively participate in programs to ensure our goals are achieved.
Safety is a key driver in everything we do. The nature of our business and manufacturing operations inherently carry potential safety challenges. However, we recognize that we must have an excellent safety record to compete in the industries we serve and we pride ourselves in maintaining the safest working environment possible. We achieve this through our key safety initiatives:
- New Hire Orientation Process - Expanded hands on training program, new hires are assigned mentors and supervisor evaluations are performed at every stage of training.
- Safety Moment - Launched by the Safety Committee to increase its presence on the shop floor. One on one or small group discussions focused on safety, risk and risk perceptions, control measures, feedback and suggestions on improvements.
- Safety Continuous Improvement Team is comprised of shop employees with management resources. Team meets twice weekly to plan, analyze, investigate and implement solutions.
- Safety Committee and subcommittees – Our internal safety manager leads our safety committee and encourages committee participation at the company level. departments and groups have individual safety meetings and assessments.
- Maintain Low TRIR (Total Recordable Incident Rate) and EMR (Experience Modification Rate) – We closely track and monitor our incident rates and work continuously to drive them down.