We Have Over 100 Years Of Combined Service Experience
Since the creation of TAS Energy Aftermarket Service Department in 1999, we have focused on our customers’ needs, primarily through commissioning and maintenance of TAS Energy equipment. The TAS Energy Service Department has over 100 years of combined TAS Energy experience and over 300 years of HVAC experience. Over the last 15 years we have expanded our services from TAS Energy System commissioning into a variety of mechanical, electrical, and PLC controls services to fit our customers one stop needs. Our field engineers are factory trained in multiple skillsets, many of them being able to perform all 3 services. Our diversity gives us the ability to send one field engineer to troubleshoot and repair any system in a TAS Energy engineered package.
Contact us directly to discuss our specific offerings or any of your other chiller system service needs.
TAS Energy Package Start-Up And Commissioning:
TAS Energy Package start up and commissioning is provided as an option to all new sales of TAS Energy equipment. This service provides a qualified team of individuals that can properly start up and commission the complex systems provided by TAS Energy Inc. The use of TAS EnergyService Department will ensure that your new system is commissioned to the highest quality standards.
TAS Energy Package Installation Support:
For those that wish to do their own installation, TAS Energy can provide complimentary site management and oversight. TAS Energy Service team can provide as little as one week of onsite installation clarification for complicated issues or as much as full time on-site assistance to ensure that all TAS Energy equipment is installed according to TAS Energy’s highest standard.
On-Site Operator Training:
TAS Energy provides expert training so operators can operate your equipment efficiently and safely.
TAS Energy Package Warranty Support:
After the commissioning of a TAS Energy Package, we provide warranty support of the TAS Energy provided equipment, ensuring that all replacements are of original OEM quality and the parts are replaced and tested to OEM standards.
The objective of this program is to maintain plant equipment in optimal condition for the duration of service life. This is accomplished through a combination of onsite service visits and remote-access system inspections.
We provide new and replacement parts for our systems and most other major HVAC components. Contact us to provide parts and installation for all your industrial HVAC systems.
Centrifugal Chiller Overhauls:
Over the normal lifecycle of a centrifugal chiller, journal and thrust bearings may show signs of wear as early as the seventh year of operation. R-123 refrigerant will corrode rubber pieces such as gaskets and O-rings, as indicated by increasing purge pump-out time, beginning at year eight. A comprehensive overhaul will restore the chiller to a like-new condition, providing years of additional trouble free service which helps maintain proper system efficiency and reduces downtime, thereby increasing system availability.
Our extensive experience with large centrifugal chiller plants and the most cutting edge control strategies allow us to provide unparalleled optimization of your systems to maximize system energy efficiencies and minimize system downtime.
Controls Upgrades And Retrofits:
Be it an existing TAS Energy packaged central plant that has a legacy control system or a third party system, TAS Energy can bring our superior energy efficiency strategies to any chiller plant control system. Our base systems are highly reliable PLC-based platforms that provide superior performance to the usual Building Automation systems that perform chiller plant control and remote access. Our web based support applications allow remote system viewing with laptops, tablets and smart phones.
Remote Plant Monitoring:
To augment your system operations team and improve reaction time to critical issues TAS Energy has a full suite of remote monitoring solutions to provide real time expert evaluation and troubleshooting of control system and plant operations. These solutions can be tailored to meet your specific security and access needs.
- TAS has over 100 years of combined engineering capabilities in waste heat and Geothermal Power plant design
- TAS can provide engineering services for geothermal power plant feasibility studies
- TAS can provide detailed design of the plants for EPC contractors
- TAS can act as an owners engineer to oversee EPC contractors during project execution phases
- TAS can provide commissioning management services
- TAS can provide inspection, performance analysis and troubleshoot services for owners with operational/design issues
Mechanical/Design Engineering Capabilities
- Solid Modeling
- Finite Element Analysis
- Design for Manufacturability, Testability & Repeatability
- Fluid Analysis
- Structural & Piping Analysis
- System Design
- CAESAR II
- AFT Fathom
Electrical/Controls Engineering Capabilities
- Local code compliance
- One line diagram design
- MCC design and selection
- Protection relay selection and configuration
- Generator load control (for both EE and CE)
- On-skid cable selection and routing
- Process control to achieve maximum efficiency (T2 control,CHW set point optimization, CHW Pump speed optimization)
- HMI design for easy operation and commissioning
- Control panel design
- Instrumentation selection
- Integration with client DCS
- TAS Energy can provide detailed evaluations of the economics of gas turbine power augmentation options.
- Experienced energy analysts call this type of evaluation an “8760”, which is the number of hours in a year (365 X 24).
- The study provides a detailed “before and after” look at a GT-based simple cycle or combined cycle power plant which provides an hour-by-hour simulation of how a plant will operate with and without Turbine Inlet Chilling. Multiple options are usually investigated.
- The methodology full encompasses variations in air temperature, humidity, and other site conditions. The calculations further overlay the real-time value of power and the cost of fuel. Other economic factors such as capacity payments, economic dispatch, water usage, and the cost of hot / cold engine starts.
- TAS customers get the benefit of 8760 analyses of their chiller plants to optimize the target compressor inlet temperature (T2), the range of the chilled water temperature (“delta T”), the heat transfer configuration of the chilled water / air coils, the size of the chiller system, the efficiency of the chiller plant, and the capacity of the Thermal Energy Storage tank when the Generation Storage option is used.
- The use of these studies help our customers to realize the highest value of their potential TIC investment, and to focus their decisions to the optimum hardware configuration that maximizes both the operational flexibility and their maximum profits.
- Study outputs provide tabular and graphical results of simple metrics such as incremental capacity (MW), incremental energy (MWHrs), CapEx requirements, and net revenue. We can also provide financial results through the “unlevered IRR” method. Finally, we demonstrate why TIC technology always results in the lowest “$/kW” for the entire power plant, even though it might not be the lowest $/kW incremental cost of the possible augmentation options. We show why the “NPV” of the technology option is superior to a “simple payback” calculation.